Today I began working on my Russian dolls in the most literal sense as I am in fact applying paint to the surfaces now. I started the largest doll in class this afternoon and continued working on it when I got home. I worked through White Oleander, The Virgin Suicides, My Girl and now Rent. If anyone's watched more movies than this in a day, let me know. Until then, I am the victor.
I'm very, very happy with the outcome of the mermaid on the front of the largest doll. There's a small mermaid in a meek, cowering position painted on the back. I don't like it at all, really. I'm going to by varnish tomorrow. Before I go ahead with that I'll touch it up a little. It's not nearly as stylized as the doll on the front but that's mainly because I had less room for detail. In any case, I think I've succeeded 'cause my back hurts.
Hey Erin! Look how determined I am! Maybe a camera would be a nice investment. These look five quadrillion times better in person.